Friday, May 23, 2008

Great Days

                                  

                                                     Coming Home from the Hospital


The first few days after your child is born are pretty cool if you ask me...  (I know you didn't ask me, but anyway...)

It's kind of like the first few days after Christmas, or the first couple of days after you get married.  But better...  You don't work (at least I don't...)  You just do the things you want to do with your family and you get used to a new little dude.

I'm a bit tired because Viggo is somewhat nocturnal...  his Mom feeds him and so she gets even less sleep than me - she's amazing!

Mattias had his first Sports Day today which was awesome...  It was conducted largely in french which left me a little in the dark and also confirmed that his french language skills have surpassed mine (it took 9 months).  
                     Mattias rocking the "Blind Goggles Challenge"

I showed up at I.F. for my workouts on Wednesday and Friday this week but that has been it for training.  Today Rob and I did the McMahon again but at level 9.5 in order to crank up the difficulty.  Mattias took in our workout as an interested observer.  Towards the end, Mattias was 'bonking' from boredom and so Rob and I cut the workout down to 20 intervals.  It was pretty gnarly even so...

Tomorrow I am back at it in earnest:

1:00pm - 1:45pm - 1st Open Water of the season - Batchelor Bay, West Vancouver
1:45pm - 2:00pm - Transition in van (I love my van)
2:00pm - 3:30pm - Bike from B.Bay along Marine Drive to approx. Auto Mall and back...

Should be awesome!  Kevin has put a group together and this is his birthday party.  I like it that people I hang with celebrate their birthday by swimming in 12 degree water and riding right after...  Stoked!

More photos:



Tweet this!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yesterday's swim and bike was great. its good to get back into the icy ocean. I think the experence put a little hair on Shelly's chest.

KP

MJ said...

I would say you are right... what a nice day - we need more weather like that.