Thursday, May 15, 2008

Righting a Wrong...

I seldom suffer from post-race depression.  In fact I may have never suffered from it.  The City Chase has come perilously close to plunging me into a sad state as I contemplate going 360 days until the next one.


Maybe it was partially the cameras...  I sort of understand why people cry when they get booted off of reality shows now.  It's pretty fun to be the star.  It makes your whole life seem just a bit more interesting.  Don't ask me why that camera crew isn't still following me...  you should see how exciting it is to watch me type!

On the other hand, I think it was the City Chase itself.  Cameras don't explain why Mark and I are seriously discussing competing in Montreal in July...

Anyway, in our agonizing effort to put the experience behind us (or drag it out just a bit longer... you decide), we concluded that we needed to right a wrong that we committed on race day.  

Stealing bottles from the homeless man/woman (?) definitely scored low on the ethical scale.  Mark at least suggested that we leave money, which to my dismay I responded with "Can we return that Ketchup bottle?!")

Here we were yesterday making amends.  Hopefully all bad karmic energy has been balanced by this...


Tweet this!

No comments: