Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Wish I Could Say, "Look Mom"


I got some fantastic news today...


I mentioned some time ago that I had been approached regarding an opportunity to put on a running clinic for injured Canadian Forces soldiers.

Time had passed and I wasn't sure if it was going to happen.  Today I got the confirmation and the rough outline of the trip.  I am so excited, honoured and proud.

Apologies because I am about to get a bit sappy:  It makes me incredibly proud to have been chosen to do this.  The fact that these true warriors recognize something in me that makes them want to hear more, or makes them think I could teach them something is really flattering and a complete honour.  I know it's only a "running clinic" but I know how these things go...  it will be a lot more about life - and where THAT can go - once you have only one leg or arm or eye or whatever.

Consider yourself forewarned - the prep, the trip etc. will be an ongoing storyline on my blog for the next 6 weeks.  The clinic will take place on September 20th as part of the ARMY Run Festivities (Army Run is an Ottawa 10km and 1/2 marathon that I will be doing with the soldiers on the 21st.) 


The Canadian Forces Flag

Tweet this!

No comments: