Friday, September 12, 2008

200th Post


Wow.  That didn't take very long!


This is the 200th post since I started this blog back in late November 2007.

Originally I thought it would be a good way to keep in touch with people that I don't get to see too often.  I also liked the idea of creating a record - complete with photos and thoughts.  I want to do more video in the next 200...  my own video, not YouTube.

I actually kept it a secret for quite a while because I wasn't sure I "deserved" a blog.  As if having one meant that I was King Big Shot or something...

It has taught me a lot:

- I love to write
- I love photography
- I love my sports more when I write about them and photograph them
- There are people crazy enough to read the things I write

So that's why this blog has had some staying power.  I have re-invigorated a few old passions and added fuel to a current one.

And a lot has happened:

- There is a new guy living in my house!
- I crossed 26 finish lines.  Can you say obsessive?
- I was on TV.
- An article I wrote made it into the paper.
- I had some successes (here, here, here, and here.)
- I had some failures (here, here)

But the best part about writing the blog is when people tell me they read it, enjoy it or felt inspired by it.  I would probably write it just for myself but it is a lot more fun to know that people stop by to check it out.

Thanks for reading!

Tweet this!

2 comments:

Kim Hexter said...

Many congratulations, Meyrick! I stumbled upon your blog through the IF newsletter. Since then, this has become the blog I look forward to the most (don't tell the swimupstreamers!!)You should love writing because you are awesome at it, your photos are incredible and I'm always inspired and entertained. My boys are aged 5 and 2, and they often sit next to me when we read about your latest challenge, event, family outing, road rash, etc. Thanks for 200 and looking forward to many more. Cheers!

MJ said...

...and that, more than anything I wrote, describes why I have enjoyed blogging!

Thanks Kim!