Friday, September 12, 2008

Thursday - Dryland Training

Last night Tony, Andrea and I rollerskied around Stanley Park.


It was nice to ski on flat terrain as most of the rollerskiing I have done has been uphill.  This session we worked on skate technique.  Tony has me focusing on the "Two Skate" - one pole thrust for every two strides.  He thinks this will be a good "high gear" for me - something I didn't have last season.  I think I am close to having it dialed.

I am also trying to develop the "One Skate" - one pole thrust for every one stride i.e. poling on every stride left and right - it is by far the toughest technique with my uneven left and right strength and glide capability.

This is what it is supposed to look like:



His name is Per Elofsson (which automatically gives him better skiing genes than me...) 

The "Cypress Incident" has left me a little cautious when rollerskiing on tarmac.  On the track I go for it - the track is forgiving in a wipeout - but on the road I have a hard time really committing to each stride (in case I overcommit and plant my face on the pavement.)  Despite my caution I managed to wipeout gently (on grass beside the path) last night while working on the one skate...  It's not a rollerski session unless I am skidding across the ground at some point.

A good time was had by all.... 

Tony dispensing wisdom...

Can you believe we get to train here?


Back in the parking lot (how do you like my sweet new lid?)

Tweet this!

No comments: