Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Ironman World Championship Pool


The Ford Ironman World Championship will take place in Kona, Hawaii this Saturday.  This is the "Superbowl" of triathlon.... (the Olympics are the "Olympics" of triathlon in case you were wondering.)


In a moment of genius James and I decided to concoct an Ironman Pool to enhance our Sunday in front of Ironmanlive.com.

We each drafted a Team.  5 men and 2 women (no offense to the women but our knowledge does not run as deep...)

Athletes score points as follows:

5th-10th = 1pt
4th = 2pts
3rd = 3pts
2nd = 4pts
Champ. = 6pts



Team manager with the most points wins sushi lunch.

Team Jones

1. Chris McCormack
2. Craig Alexander
3. Eneko Llanos
4. Marino Vanhoenacker
5. Faris Al-Sultan

1. Chrissie Wellington
2. Joanna Lawn

Team Greenwood

1. Normann Stadler
2. Chris Lieto
3. Torbjorn Sindballe
4. Luc Van Lierde
5. Michael Lovato

1. Kate Major
2. Rebecca Preston


I'll have Combo A, with miso soup.  One order of gyoza and an ice cold coca-cola (I'll be celebrating so pop is OK.)


Tweet this!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you have the advantage as far as picks go. James has a couple of people who are prone to DNF's. However, Michellie Jones won't be racing in Kona. She has a torn muscle and is out.

MJ said...

That is disturbing news.... thanks for letting me know.

When James picked McGlone I was decent enough to tell him that she was out. Maybe he will afford me the same courtesy. Stay tuned!

MJ said...

James - I OWN you!

16-1 by my count.

When are we eating!