Sunday, October 19, 2008

Riding in style?

This afternoon I did a two hour ride...  actually it ended up being a spin on the trainer in front of the TV because I didn't feel like leaving the family all afternoon.  There was also an incredible amount of televised sports to be had from about 4pm on:  Seahawks vs. Bucs, Canucks vs. Hawks, and Red Sox vs. Rays Game 7 ALCS.

I was a happy camper in my corner of the living room with the remote control handy - the kids would pop in and hang out while I spun the legs and took in all the games.  Pretty awesome.  So awesome I shot a 24 second video which includes me wearing a ridiculous (but functional) headband.... enjoy.



If that headband isn't odd looking enough for you try this...


I'm not sure what it is about a soccer player riding a pony but it's all wrong. Just looks... wrong...

You can see it in his face, "Should I laugh, cry or tell my dad to put away the camera."

Mocha the pony did not seem too concerned by Mattias' cleats (or the un-equestrian-ness of his riding attire)... I suppose she was focused on the job at hand (hoof) which was to walk back and forth 1000 times with a different kid on board each time....

This trot took place at the West Van Pumpkin Patch. You didn't know there was a pumpkin patch in West Van? Well there sure is, and weird things happen there - like soccer players riding ponies and one-legged men gambling uncontrollably at the cake wheel and guessing the weight of freakishly heavy pumpkins (unsuccessfully in both cases.)


Don't worry the child in the carrier (Viggo) was not harmed while assessing the enormous weight of the pumpkin (my guess was 84 lbs... incorrect I assume, as the Pumpkin Patch Competition Committee has not called me.)

All kidding aside, the patch was a veritable extravaganza of beautifully idyllic scenes like the ones below...


Today we celebrated Aia's 4th birthday... That's all I will say about that for now, because I am going to post some pics on Tuesday which is her actual b-day.

I'll be up early for masters tomorrow and another week will be underway... I hope you all had great weekend!

Tweet this!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's pretty cool with the video clip. That's one way to have it all - ride, shoes and family all at the same time. Sounds like a great start to the week.