Friday, October 10, 2008

Yasso 800s

After I got the bee in my bonnet about Kona and Boston (previous post), I started looking for places to post/send my mini-article.... after all, bitching in the relative private of my blog is unlikely to change anything.


So you may see it, or versions of it, popping up in letters to the editor, interviews and articles in some of your favourite publications....  at least I hope so.  By the way, if any of you are freelance writers, editors, magazine owners or otherwise "connected" I would like to get this message out... nudge, nudge.

Anyway, as I was surfing around looking for targets to send my thoughts to, I found this great article.

Since I know you may not bother to click unless I pique your interest....  it is a quick and easy way to (relatively) accurately determine how fast you can run a marathon.  "Easy" compared to actually running the marathon I should say...

The Yasso 800s workout was designed by Bart Yasso who is somewhat of a running icon.  (That is not just me brown-nosing to get my article into Runner's World either...  he really is an icon.)

Anyway, if you run marathons, want to run marathons, or don't want to run them but would like to know how fast you could run them - check it out.

For all things Bart, see below.



Tweet this!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm actually reading his book right now. I just read the chapter on how the Yasso 800s came about. It really is a great way to assess your marathon fitness. I'm going to write a review of the book as soon as I finish it. I hope you are able to get the article published.

MJ said...

I have had a few bites already.... I think I'll be able to get it out there somehow. Can't wait to read the book review. CHeers!