Saturday, November 29, 2008

Sliver Star here I come...

Maybe I need to b*tch more often in my blog...  It has been snowing in the Callaghan Valley pretty much since the moment I posted late last week about the bad conditions there.  I am told it is pretty good up there now.  


Too late for me though, as I leave for Silver Star tomorrow.  I have heard that the conditions there have improved as well....  There are now 15 groomed trails according to the report below.
 


I will have Monday to Friday on snow before the Nor-Am Races on Saturday and Sunday to try to dial in some technique and some comfort.  

The altitude will require another adjustment - they say you should either arrive 2 weeks prior, or the day prior... I will be doing exactly what they say you shouldn't do - arrive 1 week prior.  Whatever... It will have to do...

I am kind of eager to get a race under my belt this season - whether I am rusty or not, whether I perform well or not - the build-up has been LONG.  

I spent some time stressing, but it is behind me now.  I feel comfortable with the training and preparation I have been able to do.  It's time to get out there and have some fun, ski as fast as I can and let the chips fall where they may.  

Hopefully this is what I'll be seeing soon (photo by Debi123):






Tweet this!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good luck w the training and the snow. makes me feel christmas-y looking at that beautiful pic with the ski tracks going through.

safe travels,
carter ;0)