Saturday, December 13, 2008

Deep Freeze

Crazy weather here...


A winter storm has moved in and there were 30cms of snow last night...  you could see it coming down in the pictures I posted last night.

Now the temperature is dropping like a rock.  It is currently -16°c (3°F) and it is predicted that by tomorrow it could be closer to -30°c (-22°F.)

This presents some issues for tonight's race.  If the temperature is -20°c (-4°F) or lower, the race will be cancelled.  I have heard that if it is close the race jury all stand beside the thermometer and breathe on it to get the -19°c (-2°F) they need to put on the race.  Just kidding.... sort of.....

So, at this point it is up in the air.  I am pretty sure we'll be racing though.  Which means there will be more frozen snot than you can shake a stick at...

Since I had no pictures of my own frozen snot, I googled the term and came up with these:









Tweet this!

1 comment:

Marcy said...

OMG those temps are just insane!! Insane!